Thursday 3 July 2014

Thursday, day 19 without sugar

Well the fast day paid off...down 600g on my new scales.  Another kg would see me firmly in my maintenance zone. 

This morning there were Celebrations on the table in the staff room when I arrived.  Three weeks ago I'd have had my first one (or three) before 8am.  Today, barely a glance.  They are nothing to do with me!  I was even offered one directly later on and was completely disinterested.  I've been conscious this week of opportunities I would previously have taken to buy and consume chocolate and sweets in secret.  For example, attending my hair appointment in a busy shopping area, going to the supermarket alone, a night in by myself.  All of these events would usually see me buying a bar or two of chocolate or a few bags of sweets.  This time, neither, and it wasn't difficult at all.  That feels like a significant achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment