Saturday 5 July 2014

20 days without sugar...long enough to make a new habit?

I read somewhere that it takes 17 days to break a habit and form a new one, so 20 days without sugar, is that what I have achieved?  I look dispassionately at sweets and chocolate and am no more interested in eating them than I am worms and grass.  I guess that's a yes then!

I haven't run nearly as much as I 'should' have done recently, only twice this week.  I don't have the confidence to try a long run on my present fuel intake.  The lack of recent training has also knocked my confidence.  Six weeks ago I was running 20km every other week without a second thought.  I don't think I've run more than 10km in those last six weeks though.

I've just bought 'Run Faster' by Matt Fitzgerald.  I'll see what difference that makes, and whether he gives any dietary advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment