Sunday 6 July 2014

Start of week 4 without sugar

Today is the first day I have felt ropey, and around 2pm I felt VERY ropey!  Late start to the day saw me heading out for a run around 11am.  I attempted to run too far, given how little I'd eaten yesterday, so I ran 10.2km and walked the rest of the way home (about 3km).  I felt queasy and got stomach cramps at times.  After a shower, I came downstairs for lunch and found that I was really nauseous and light-headed.  My partner came to my rescue with tea and toast, I had a snooze on the sofa and an hour later felt much better.

It's not the giving up sugar that caused the feeling, just the lack of food yesterday.  I had lunch and dinner but the total calories were pretty low due to my healthy choices and today I paid the price.  I'm not doing that again!  It's lucky I was at home and had someone with me.

The flip side is that I have dropped a lot of weight this week, and weighed in this morning a whole 2kg (almost 4.5 lbs) lighter than I was three weeks ago when I started my sugar-free journey.  That means just 300g to go and I'll be back where I want to be, hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment