Sunday 13 July 2014

4 weeks without sugar - until today!

So today was the day that I intentionally fell off the wagon.   After a low carb breakfast, peppermint tea and water throughout the day, plus a 7km walk at lunchtime and a 6km run in the afternoon, it was time for pre-dinner drinks and nibbles.  My drinks didn't vary but I did get stuck into hand-cooked cheese and onion crisps.  At dinner I had bread, olive oil and balsamic vinegar to start, then battered halloumi with peas and sweet potato fries.  We skipped dessert as we had birthday cake instead.  The waiter didn't notice the 5 and 0 candles I'd put in the box, but kindly supplied a mini sparkler instead of a candle so I didn't mind at all.  My partner was delighted with the cake and we ate half of it between the six of us as he cut such big portions!  It was the first real sugar I'd eaten in four weeks.  I'd like to be able to say that I relished it, but I didn't actually enjoy it much at all.  I ate it, but it was a bit of a letdown.  Maybe I should have had chocolate instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment