Monday 14 July 2014

Chocolate, cakes and temptation

When I arrived at work this morning, the first sight that greeted me was a Snickers sweet on my desk.  I had forgotten I'd left it there after someone's birthday on Friday.  Five weeks ago I would have eaten it without a second thought; instead, I put it away out of sight ready to eat when I decide to indulge.  At morning break, more cakes and chocolates were found in the staff room.  I ate my usual yogurt and coconut and ignored the lot.  They were far less tempting than that solitary Snickers I encountered first thing in the morning though.

At 6pm I remembered that I had not eaten since lunch, nor even thought about eating.   The absence of sugar from my diet has affected my appetite in a way that I could not have expected.  I imagined feeling hungry and peckish and having to look for an alternative to the biscuit or other unhealthy snack I would usually have chosen.  Instead, snacking or eating between meals rarely happens at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment